New cycle event in Salisbury03 May 2018
The OVO Energy Tour Series comes to Salisbury on Thursday May 31st
As part of the recovery programme for Salisbury, the city will be hosting the exciting finals of the elite OVO Energy Tour Series cycling on Thursday May 31.
Wiltshire Council and Salisbury City Council are supporting the event, which will take place in Wiltshire for the first time as part of the Salisbury recovery programme. The event is free to attend and sees the prestigious tour reach its exciting climax, when the men’s and women’s teams race for victory after competing in eight previous rounds in different cities. Riders compete as teams with each competitor riding the circuit, and the winner is the team with the shortest cumulative lap time.
The races will start and finish in Blue Boar Row with the teams’ compound in the Market Square, close to the Guildhall, where the podium will be sited.
There will be lots going on before the races with plenty of fun, family activities going on in the city to make it a day out for everyone.
What you need to know
- 3pm-5pm: Fun family activities in the city centre including the chance to have a go on adapted race bikes
- 5pm: Race introductions and build up
- 6pm-6.45pm: Women’s team races
- 8pm-9.15pm: Men’s team races
- Free parking at all park and ride sites will be running for longer than usual to support the event.
For more information and to find out about the race route please click here.